Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,400+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including health insurance and retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety trainings;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our field work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are currently seeking a Safety Assistant to provide administrative support to the Corporate Safety Department. The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to develop professionally. Previous safety assistants have moved forward into manager positions within the company.
- Maintain DOT Driver Qualification files
- Interact with and assist third party vendor with driver qualification (DQ) files
- Daily Huddle Management System
- Ensure Daily Huddle is operable at all times
- Ensure changes to the Daily Huddle are made timely
- Help foremen with login problems
- Safety Audit and Observation Management System (Predictive Solutions)
- Help users with login problems
- Give login credentials to new users
- Ensure employees no longer using the program are removed
- Maintain accurate foreman lists in the system
- Enter incident date(s) for trending analysis
- Safety Training and Database Management
- Log, file and maintain various safety documents (i.e., newsletters, inspections, meetings, training records.)
- Assist in organizing and scheduling safety training classes and OSHA-required training
- Prepare and distribute certificates of completion for all participants
- Coordinate blood-borne pathogen vaccination program across the company
- Coordinate all activities required by the company’s Respiratory Protection program
- Coordinate and track third-party safety training
- Maintain Incident Database
- Ensure incident log is current and accurate
- Develop quarterly trending charts for the management team
- Assist with processing quarterly safety bonuses
- Coordinate the distribution of marketing items to each region
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year clerical/administrative experience in a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Outlook), especially the ability to perform advanced functions in Excel such as pivot tables, v-lookups, and formulas
- Learn new software quickly
- Keep workspace and paperwork organized
- Manage multiple tasks and deadlines; prioritize effectively
- Take the initiative to work independently and ask questions as needed
- Strong customer focus, inside and outside the organization at all levels; respond with a sense of urgency for the customer
- Interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for the construction industry, especially reporting and recordkeeping pertaining to recordables, restricted workdays, and lost time injuries.