Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,400+ with office locations in over 20 states. Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including health insurance and retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Specialist to join our team at the Romulus, MI office. The individual in this position will be responsible to compile and record employee time and payroll data, process new hires and make employer master file changes. He/she will also need to review union contributions and reports for monthly remittance.
Teamwork and communication are important for this individual to succeed at Miller Pipeline!
- Interact with customers via phone and e-mail; interact with the company’s corporate office administrators, as well as foremen and superintendents in the field.
- Perform varied data gathering and entry to create, maintain and map customer-based Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Coordinate, obtain and track locate tickets.
- Responsible for coordinating collection, preparing for submission, and storing all deliverable paperwork/video files for all projects, as per individual contract requirements.
- Track customer and job data in Microsoft Excel and customer workforce system; process labor and subcontractor entries daily using transaction system (WINS).
- Assist in preparation of completion reports based on WINS (web portal) input weekly.
- Assist in preparation of information for subcontractor/vendor invoices for job costing in AS400.
- Maintain filing system for customer logs, vendor materials, supplies, repair parts, and rentals.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
- Purchase and maintain material orders for crews and office supplies; coordinate regular service and repair of fax/copy machine, etc.
- Handle UPS shipping and packing.
- Type business correspondence.
- Make travel arrangements for general foremen and superintendents as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year administrative and/or customer service experience
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication skills.
- Great team player; positive attitude.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook and Excel; interest and ability to learn new software and/or web portals quickly and effectively
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Associate’s degree or 2-years’ coursework from an accredited university
- 3+ years of administrative and leadership experience
- Working knowledge of AS400 financial system or other payroll system