Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in over 20 states.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our fieldwork by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are searching for a qualified, self-motivated Material Handler to work in a great environment. He/she will assist in maintaining the activities of the corporate distribution center to support pipeline construction field crews.
This position is not part of a union.
- Use a pallet jack and forklift to stage jobs and build truckloads for shipment.
- Unload truck deliveries and place parts on shelves in material handling inventory.
- Perform shipping duties such as wrapping/banding skids and loading trailers; count and record pallets.
- Work within strict time constraints to fulfill full- or partial-truckload shipments to Miller Pipeline warehouses and customers.
- Pull inventory, pack shipping containers or boxes, and prepare for shipment, e.g., use automatic and manual packaging machines, scales, and printing devices to calculate costs, apply labels, etc.
- Receive UPS and FedEx shipments; deliver to appropriate person or area within the corporate office.
- Process small package shipments from the corporate office.
- Track orders and document work.
- Drive company vehicle to pick up mail from the post office.
- Assist in keeping the material handling and surrounding grounds clean and orderly, e.g., trash pickup, sweeping.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; handle objects, tools or controls; and reach. The employee is regularly required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- 1+ year using forklift and pallet jacks safely and effectively
- Strong communication skills with team
- Attention to detail and accuracy in fulfilling orders and storing inventory
- Organization skills and cleanliness
- Great team player attitude
- 3+ years related experience in warehousing, material handling, distribution, etc.
- Knowledge of UPS Worldship