Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Specialist to join our team at our Grand Rapids location. Teamwork and communication are important for this individual to succeed at Miller Pipeline!
- Perform general office duties such as scanning documents and data entry.
- Assist in completing work order packets, which requires organization, adding data, making copies, etc. Ensure packets are complete and accurate before providing them to foremen to take to the field.
- For utility locates, enter company’s worksite location on utility website; email the confirmation to work crews. Monitor expiration dates and inform crews in advance.
- Interact with customers via phone and e-mail; interact with the company’s corporate office administrators, as well as foremen and superintendents in the field. Facilitate the resolution of customer concerns or questions.
- Maintain filing system for customer logs, vendor materials, supplies, repair parts, and rentals.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
- Type business correspondence, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years administrative and/or customer service experience
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication skills.
- Great team player; positive attitude.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook and Excel; interest and ability to learn new software and/or web portals quickly and effectively
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Associate’s degree or 2-years’ coursework from an accredited university
- 2+ years of administrative and leadership experience