Miller Pipeline is one of the nation’s premier underground utility contractors. Our continued growth has created an opportunity for those interested in advancing their careers in the underground utility industry.
We are searching for qualified candidates to supervise and monitor the progress of underground utility pipeline construction, and oversee construction materials.
The foremen must keep construction progress in line with the overall project schedule and cost estimate, as well as train crew members to comply with company safety practices. For more information on what a career with Miller Pipeline looks like, please see here and visit the Who We Are page.
At Miller Pipeline you will find:
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation
- Plan, organize and delegate the daily work activities within the crew.
- Identify potential problems as they arise; develop and implement a solution.
- Enforce company policies and standard work procedures.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations for crew and public safety.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor equipment problems.
- Ensure preventative maintenance of equipment is assigned and completed by the crew.
- Interact with the customer to explain the work procedure(s) necessary at the worksite/residence.
- Communicate with office staff regarding time worked, safety, productivity, accidents and injuries, and property or vehicle damage, for proper handling and tracking of these activities.
- Complete daily data entry.
- Handle minor customer complaints and inquiries. Escalate issues to the superintendent or general foreman, if necessary.
- Complete paperwork as required by the customer.
- Ensure overall quality of work performed by the crew meets or exceeds standards and expectations
Successful candidates must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid DOT Physical-reimbursed by Miller Pipeline
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL or ability to obtain one after employment.
- 3+ years’ experience with large steel pipe
- Ability to travel within Maryland and DC