Help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure! Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in over 20 states.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our fieldwork by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are searching for a qualified Regional Technical Trainer to travel within the region to conduct training and performance evaluations for Operator Qualification (OQ) programs. Travel includes regular visits to western/southwestern Michigan and infrequently to the northeast (Kalkaska) and Detroit area. The amount of travel will depend upon the needs of the region, as well as our customer demands and internal growth.
- Identify daily training and qualification needs related to compliance, safety and quality.
- Develop a long-range training and qualification schedule of topics, the class roster, training locations, and the development and execution of the training and qualification materials and methodologies.
- Conduct technical training and OQ evaluations for all new hires and current employees.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in areas related to the Company’s major operations.
- Validate trainees’ knowledge, skills and abilities through an evaluation process including hands-on skills and knowledge-based assessments.
- Complete documentation of training, certification and qualifications.
- Discuss training program effectiveness with compliance, safety, and quality department directors on a frequent basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain necessary process- and product-specific credentials to train and evaluate Miller Pipeline employees. This includes ITS and/or Veriforce and/or NCCER Train-the Evaluator certification plus the necessary plastic joining certification trainer/evaluator credentials where Miller Pipeline conducts its own in-house plastic joining training.
- 7+ years gas pipeline fieldwork experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; ability to use a variety of visual aids including those on electronic devices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Good organization of time and workspace; detail orientation in maintaining records of names, dates, and certification types.
- Critical thinking.
- Effective communication, especially in a presentation format.
- Technical or post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience as a trainer of technical content and/or regulated pipeline operations.
- Experience leading others in reaching common company goals; planning and executing self-directed activities designed to meet established expectations.
- Safety or pipeline training and coaching.