Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
A critical component of this position is the ability as a leader to set clear expectations for safety and quality performance. The Regional SQC Coordinator will develop credibility among the crews as safety, quality and compliance expert, and regularly coach the crews in meeting high expectations and creating win/win situations.
- Perform safety and quality inspections on regional work crews.
- Meet expectations of safety and quality inspections as set by the department directors.
- Verify and report status of field personnel regarding their adherence to safety and quality procedures and policies.
- Investigate and report incidents.
- Perform root-cause analysis on any serious incident that occurs; find preventive measures, and communicate the results to management.
- Perform detailed investigations on any incident that results in a task procedure departure, violation or failure.
- Work closely with department directors to discuss progress and issues specific to the area.
- Coordinate monthly safety meetings in conjunction with area management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years’ construction safety or gas utility work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; experience with Excel creating spreadsheets, sorting data, formatting, and using basic formulas
- Ability to use an iPhone app to record and report worksite information
- Demonstrated leadership skills, good organization, and logical thinking
- Ability to set clear expectations for safety and quality performance; use of coaching techniques to help employees meet those expectations
- Good oral communication, especially the ability to clearly and directly speak to a group
- Self-motivated; proactive; ability to plan and execute activities to meet established goals
- Infrequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Day travel from job site to job site
- Technical or post-secondary education in a related field
- Safety or quality auditing; root cause analysis
- Training and coaching skills
- Spanish language