Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.Take a look at our work by watching our ‘Day in the Life’ or a natural gas distribution laborer video.
We are searching for a qualified candidate to set up and handle all lines of claims as a Claims Administrator with our Risk Management department.
- Receive initial notification of claims and guide employees on how to properly manage the circumstances.
- Investigate claims for cause, compensability, and liability when severe injury or significant liability is involved.
- Track the receipt of the appropriate paperwork for all claims; set up files; enter information into the database upon receipt.
- Forward necessary information to Miller Pipeline’s insurance carriers and maintain accurate documentation of claims by placing copies of all related paperwork in case files.
- Actively track open claims and interface with our insurance carriers, physicians and other third parties to ensure that they are being managed aggressively.
- Classify injuries per government and company criteria; track lost/restricted days.
- Negotiate, settle and process payment for nominal claims.
- Assist in preparing monthly risk management reports.
- Ensure that state-specific information received from the carrier is disseminated to the appropriate area office.
- Ensure that injury hotline materials are distributed to safety and compliance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Professional experience in the natural gas pipeline industry, safety or risk management
- Multi-state, multi-line background, medical training, knowledge of treatment protocols and medical terminology
- Knowledge of safety/insurance regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years professional administrative work requiring independent critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite, including advanced functions in Excel
- Read, analyze and interpret common medical, legal and government documents
- Professionalism and effective communication in responding to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Use basic mathematic functions, e.g., adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing
- Connect with us on Social Media! We’re on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.