Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure? Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,400+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline)
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including health insurance and retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety trainings;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are currently seeking an Project Estimator to join our team in Ocala, FL. This person will be responsible for estimating project costs and will assist the Project Manager in daily operations.
- Work with client/owner, engineer, municipalities, and architects in preconstruction regarding value engineering, constructability, estimating and proposals
- Review plans for possible conflicts between utilities or unspecified items (tie-ins, traffic control (MOT), testing and any other unforeseen items in bid quantities)
- Produce accurate and detailed takeoffs from engineering plans using custom AutoCAD software as well as the ability to do takeoffs using a scale
- Keep detailed notes or notations that clearly state how non-standard items were estimated
- Review plans, specs, notes and proposal sheets to create proposal bid
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and equipment/material purchase orders
- Review and approve vendor/subcontractor pay apps and invoices
- Manage material delivery and equipment mobilization to project site
- Coordinate utility locates, subcontractors, vendors, surveyors, soil testing labs, permits and inspectors
- Organize and review project submittal, shop drawings and purchase orders
- Record daily work logs performed by crews as as-builts (field drawings)
- Resolve major disputes with vendors and subcontractors
- Associates degree, preferably in Construction Management or Business Management, or 1+ year of training/experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean record.
- Excellent written and oral communication to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills; comfortable working in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent organization and recordkeeping.
- Ability to work 6:00am – 5:00pm (close the shop one night a week)
- 1+ year of construction estimating experience
- 1+ year of AutoCAD experience drawing in 2D
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, preferably in Construction Management or Business Management