Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for a qualified candidate to join our team as a Payroll Specialist. He/she will be responsible for auditing, certified payroll, reporting, along with other payroll duties that include facilitating various payroll wage verification, check and advice distribution, process documentation and file maintenance. The individual will provide 100% support to Payroll department functions (not HR).
Are you an analytical thinker? Does your experience include processing payroll in a multi-state, multi-union environment? Do you hope to work in a dynamic organization where company processes are regularly improved? This job may be for you!
- Assist in weekly payroll for 3,200 union and 300 non-union, multi-state Miller Pipeline associates.
- Review time sheets and wage computations to detect and reconcile pay discrepancies.
- Record employee information such as exemptions, transfers and designations to maintain and update payroll records.
- Keep track of vacation and personal time.
- Compute wages and deductions.
- Complete the time and attendance system process and payroll entry.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay out, including bonuses and disability payments.
- Prepare union returns for payment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ payroll or accounting experience in a multi-state organization
- Evaluate data and find process improvement solutions
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication
- Great team player, positive attitude
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel
- Interest and ability in learning new software and/or web portals quickly and effectively
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Maintain strict confidentiality in handling employees’ personal data
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance or related field
- Working knowledge of AS400 financial system or other payroll system