Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for a reliable and focused A/P professional to join our Finance & Accounting department and grow with our company.
- Receive, review and process invoices and purchase orders for multiple vendors.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Prioritize payment of invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms. Schedule payments of invoices; print and distribute checks.
- Respond to and work closely with assigned vendors to resolve past due balances.
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate files and documentation.
- Prepare, analyze and/or review vendor accounts.
- Create reports for financial review and analysis.
- High school diploma
- 1+ year experience in professional accounting work in public or corporate setting
- Computer experience in ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, positive attitude and teamwork oriented
- Results driven; sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Experience with and/or ability to use a three-way match process
- Associate or bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Professional experience in a large company setting with exposure to book accounting functions, interactions with internal and external customers
- Experience in communicating data and performance measures to management team
- Advanced Excel knowledge