Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,500+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our field work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are searching for a qualified, self-motivated Material Handler to work in a great environment. He/she will assist in maintaining the activities of the corporate distribution center to support pipeline construction field crews.
Regular hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Sometimes the shift will start at 6:30 AM depending on workload. Very rarely will the team work on a Saturday.
This position is not part of a union.
- Use a pallet jack and forklift to stage jobs and build truck loads for shipment.
- Unload truck deliveries and place parts on shelves in material handling inventory.
- Perform shipping duties such as wrapping/banding skids and loading trailers; count and record pallets.
- Work within strict time constraints to fulfill full- or partial-truckload shipments to Miller Pipeline warehouses and customers.
- Pull inventory, pack shipping containers or boxes, and prepare for shipment, e.g., use automatic and manual packaging machines, scales, and printing devices to calculate costs, apply labels, etc.
- Receive UPS and FedEx shipments; deliver to appropriate person or area within the corporate office.
- Process small package shipments from the corporate office.
- Track orders and document work.
- Drive company vehicle to pick up mail from the post office.
- Assist in keeping the material handling and surrounding grounds clean and orderly, e.g., trash pickup, sweeping.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; handle objects, tools or controls; and reach. The employee is regularly required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- 1+ year using forklift and pallet jacks safely and effectively
- Strong communication skills with team
- Attention to detail and accuracy in fulfilling orders and storing inventory
- Organization skills and cleanliness
- Great team player attitude
- 3+ years related experience in warehousing, material handling, distribution, etc.
- Knowledge of UPS Worldship
Miller Pipeline offers competitive wages and quality benefits.
Miller Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.