Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are currently seeking a talented Staff Accountant to join our team!
- Accurately code all credit card transactions.
- Prepare and post credit card transactions.
- Perform and document fraud investigations concerning credit card transactions and monitor outstanding expense reports.
- Complete treasury functions including daily cash management and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitor unclaimed property; coordinate with accounts payable and payroll teams regarding outstanding checks.
- Collaborate with team to calculate/remit weekly, monthly, and quarterly withholding, unemployment, property, fuel and sales tax returns.
- Post acquisition and disposal of fixed assets and make other changes to ensure assets are recorded timely and in the proper operating territories.
- Reconcile general ledger and review expenses.
- Collaborate with team to implement process improvement initiatives for accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of data/reporting.
- Support the process improvement group with company-wide initiatives that may include both accounting and operational processes.
- Support internal and external audit functions including maintaining proper documentation.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze metrics comparing period-to-period or budget-to-actual costs.
- Assist in preparing special reports and studies as requested for the management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field from accredited university
- 1+ year experience in public or corporate setting
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office, and experience with an ERP system and/or CRM system
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective interaction with internal and external customers; experience communicating data and performance measurements to management team.
- Results-driven personality and sense of urgency to accomplish company and personal goals.
- Collaborative; teamwork oriented.
- Analytical; creative problem solver.