Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for an individual to act as General Foreman, who will support local pipeline construction crews in safety, quality, productivity, communication and efficiency of daily operations.
- Define project goals for the crews; assist in establishing pre-job plans
- Assist in determining resource requirements for each job, i.e., drills, vacuum excavation, sewer cameras, personnel
- Interact regularly with inspectors
- Ensure quality and compliance of the crews’ work according to customer specifications and Miller Pipeline requirements
- Conduct thorough safety and quality inspections each week
- Assist in handling customer concerns
- Assist in completing important paperwork for each project
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license with a good driving record
- CDL or ability to obtain one upon employment
- 5+ years in gas pipeline construction industry
- Interpersonal skills in handling stress and potentially unreasonable expectations of customers and employees
- Leadership of crews in safety, quality and meeting performance targets
- Project planning including resource requirements
- Self-motivation and excellent problem solving
- Effective oral and written communication with crew members, foremen, inspectors, customers and consumers
- Customer orientation including compliance to specifications and handling complaints
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use a smartphone and laptop effectively
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Associate’s degree or trade school certificate