Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for a qualified professional to manage the work permit process for our pipeline construction crews in the Bladensburg and D.C. area. This is a great opportunity to work directly with our leadership teams and grow within the underground utility construction industry.
- Apply for and manage local work permits for jobsites; ensure that necessary paperwork is ready and construction crews are prepared to work.
- Coordinate, obtain and track utility locate tickets.
- Track all permit and locate information in Microsoft Excel and WMIS (Customer Workforce System).
- Create and maintain tracking log to schedule utility work on mains, commercial and residential services; maintain information of completed work and new projects to be scheduled, as well as new locates.
- Handle reporting of daily crew locations and activities in Microsoft Excel.
- Contact 811 service to report excavation activity plans and request utility markings; follow up on request status.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year professional administration and/or customer service
- Understanding of underground utility construction
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize
- Effectively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Product accurate results with a proper sense of urgency for customers and co-workers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Effective oral and written communication
- Associate’s degree or significant college coursework in construction management, business management or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, including ability to create pivot tables
- Knowledge of District Department of Transportation (DDOT) construction permitting process
- Knowledge of 811 Miss Utility website and process