Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
Miller Pipeline is seeking a top-notch Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to perform and document all phases of vehicle and equipment maintenance. Based in Clermont, Indiana (west Indianapolis) this position includes diagnostics, repair and maintenance on various types of electric, diesel, and gasoline powered equipment such as pickups, heavy-duty trucks and semi-trailers, excavators, trenchers, dump trucks, backhoes, etc.
- Troubleshoot vehicle and equipment to diagnose malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Repair charging systems, engines and/or transmission exchange, brakes and exhaust systems.
- Rebuild parts such as hydraulic cylinders.
- Complete DOT vehicle inspections.
- Execute front-end work including brakes, shocks, and radiators.
- Rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Complete repair welding and general fabrication work.
- Replace and/or repair flat tires, perform preventive maintenance, and replace interior and exterior mechanical parts.
- Respond to and complete work orders; prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Maintain accurate daily service reports and equipment status reports.
- Interact daily with internal customers, vendors, manufacturers, etc., for technical questions and support.
- Use laptop for diagnostics, service reports, work orders and time reporting.
- Valid driver/operator license with a good record
- DOT medical card (passed DOT physical) to drive commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- 3+ years’ successful hands-on experience with diesel and gasoline engines, hydraulic systems, and diagnostics
- Experience in Ford and International mechanic work
- Use a smartphone and laptop; perform functions such as texting, e-mailing in Microsoft Outlook, and keeping notes and records
- Able to travel by company vehicle to company worksites; able to travel overnight very infrequently, if necessary
- Effective troubleshooting and technical ability; solve a variety of complex problems within limited time constraints
- Ability to do all tasks under little supervision
- Supply and maintain personal basic tool set (Miller Pipeline will provide specialty tools/equipment)
- Effective written communication
- Interpersonal skills with all customers
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from accredited university or technical school
As part of the pre-employment screening process, the Miller Pipeline HR department will run a confidential Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and criminal background report to confirm employment eligibility.