Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
This Communications Associate will round out our team of four. To be successful, the Associate will be passionate about the utility and construction industry, eager to learn, believe in the power of collaboration and teamwork, and enjoy meeting people. He/she will also be an enthusiastic and optimistic person whose glass is half-full at all times, and who has great attention to detail and a high level of professionalism. This entry-level position has ample room for self and professional growth.
Travel outside normal work hours may be necessary (1-5 times per year, estimated).
- Champion graphic design projects with branding, social media, and safety visuals
- Co-manage the employee recognition program, Catch ONE
- Assist with social media content creation
- Proofread websites, internal communications and other collateral
- Update and manage internal and external-facing websites and employee app
- Gather and write stories for the internal employee newsletter
- Write feature stories showcasing employees and projects
- Assist with planning and execution of community events
- Compose and proofread communications from Safety and other departments
- Provide light clerical support
- Assist with photo shoots and video productions
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field from an accredited university
- Willingness to understand and adhere to Miller Pipeline Core Values
- Master of the English language (grammar, punctuation, spelling)
- Ability to closely proofread, read and think critically with forethought and a “what if” mentality
- Willingness to be an excellent ambassador for the department and for Miller Pipeline as a whole
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Above average organization and time management skills
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) with mastery of at least one
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Competency with established and emerging social media platforms
- Tech-savvy mindset
- WordPress experience
- Tact, diplomacy, relationship building
- Ability to adapt quickly and give self-direction
- 1+ year experience or internship in a corporate communications environment
- Understanding of marketing functions and business acumen
- Formal presentation skills
- Knowledge of AP style