Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,400+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including health insurance and retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety trainings;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
We are currently seeking a Truck Driver to join our team in Columbia, SC. This person will be responsible for driving commercial motor vehicle with capacity of more than three tons, to transport equipment, materials, pipe, etc., to and from specified destinations. A per diem rate and lodging will be provided for any overnight travel. Most travel will be through out our South region.
Truck Driver Main Responsibilities:
- Drive to and from specified locations.
- Prepare receipts for loads picked up and delivered.
- Maintain IVMR sheets and truck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive hauling or delivery instructions.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Responsible for performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections and for proper maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- Perform or coordinate emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs and tire chains.
Truck Driver Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid CDL Class A driver’s license and clean record.
- Professional demeanor with vendors, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to secure loads on a truck; lift 50 pounds regularly; pull small trailers behind the pickup truck
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively