Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Underground Utility Foreman Benefits:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Are you looking for steady work (40+ hours per week) throughout the year? Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video on our Careers page.
Underground Utility Foreman Summary
Hiring immediately in Ocala, FL and the surrounding areas!
We are searching for qualified candidates to direct crew in the repair, maintenance, construction, installation and reconditioning of distribution pipelines for the transportation of gas/liquids. This is a DOT-regulated and safety-sensitive position.
Underground Utility Foreman Main Responsibilities:
- Guide the crew towards goal achievement.
- Plan, organize and delegate the daily work activities among crew members.
- Identify potential problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Enforce Company policies and standard work procedures.
- Ensure compliance to safety rules and regulations for the safety of the crew and public.
- Establish work performance standards based on daily project goals.
- Coach, train and evaluate employees’ work performance.
- Troubleshoot and repair minor equipment problems.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of equipment is assigned to, and completed by, the crew.
- Interact with customers to explain the work procedures necessary at the worksite/residence.
- Communicate with support staff regarding time worked, safety and productivity measures, accidents and injuries, and property or vehicle damage, for proper handling and tracking of these activities. Complete daily data entry.
- Handle minor customer complaints and inquiries. Escalate issues to the superintendent or general foreman, if necessary.
- Complete project paperwork as required by the customer.
- Travel frequently within the area for work assignments.
Underground Utility Foreman Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years construction and/or pipeline field work.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license with good driving record
- Current DOT physical or ability to obtain one after employment. Miller Pipeline will reimburse the cost.
- Interact effectively and professionally with the public, customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Travel throughout the nearby area and respond to emergency situations
Underground Utility Foreman Preferred Qualifications:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- 1+ year experience in construction and/or farming