Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for an individual to act as Superintendent, who will support local pipeline construction crews in safety, quality, productivity, communication and efficiency of daily operations.
- Study drawings and specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Define project goals for the crews; assist in establishing pre-job plans
- Assist in determining resource requirements for each job, i.e., drills, vacuum excavation, sewer cameras, personnel
- Confer with foremen and inspectors to resolve day-to-day construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Ensure quality and compliance according to customer specifications and Miller Pipeline requirements
- Conduct thorough safety and quality inspections each week
- Assist in handling customer concerns
- Prepare reports on utilization of labor pool, status of projects, estimated completion dates, and backlog
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license with a good driving record
- 7+ years in gas pipeline construction industry
- Interpersonal skills in handling stress and potentially unreasonable expectations of customers and employees
- Leadership of crews in safety, quality and meeting performance targets
- Project planning including resource requirements
- Self-motivation and excellent problem solving
- Effective oral and written communication with crew members, foremen, inspectors, customers and consumers
- Customer orientation including compliance to specifications and handling complaints
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use a smartphone and laptop effectively
Some travel will be required within the Kansas City, MO region.