We are seeking a temporary employee to cover for a maternity leave of absence.
This top-notch compliance assistant will support the company’s pipeline regulatory compliance functions by performing essential data entry, clerical, scheduling, records management, and communication tasks within the Compliance department. This person will handle highly confidential medical information related to federal DOT regulations; must be extremely detail oriented; and must be self-motivated to problem solve and improve processes.
This position will be performed on-site at our corporate headquarters; Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 4:00 PM (including a lunch break).
- Act as proctor for Operator Qualification (OQ) testing.
- Maintain all training and compliance records, data entry, and communications as requested.
- Assist in organizing, reserving and setting up related training/testing classes.
- Maintain training schedule and roster for each class and topic, as well as payroll time to complete the employee’s responsibilities.
- Maintain files on each company customer with information about testing requirements and specifics.
- Maintain the highly sensitive and confidential drug and alcohol database for employees’ testing information including medical history and prescription drugs; records must be kept completely accurate in preparation for all audits.
- Work closely with the director of compliance in the organization and development of the OQ management systems and file retrieval.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years professional work experience with a commitment to detail and accuracy
- Exceptionally detail oriented; ability to keep completely accurate records
- Focused attitude toward work; not easily distracted
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access; interest and ability to learn new software and/or Web portals quickly and effectively
- Effective communicator with a strong customer service focus
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Well organized and able to create systems to complete and track tasks; manage multiple tasks with firm deadlines
- Technical or secondary education in a related field
- Knowledge of DOT drug and alcohol testing procedures