Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Miller Pipeline Benefits:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator Summary
As a gas distribution pipeline construction company, we face many safety hazards. The Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator is part of a team of other safety and natural gas construction professionals within the organization that consults, shares, and contributes safety and health information and resources. An SQC Coordinator recognizes hazards when visiting work sites and applies direct and immediate coaching techniques that create win/win situations. He/she/they provide(s) consultation on regulatory compliance and company safety, health and quality standards, laws, policies and procedures.
The SQC Coordinators conduct themselves with the highest professional standards, while applying their skills to complete all duties and obligations.
This position can be based in:
- Washington, D.C.
- Richmond, VA
- Fredericksburg, VA
- Lynchburg, VA
- Norfolk, VA
- or the northern VA area
The SQC Coordinator will travel to these locations on a regular basis. Overnight travel will be required 2-4 nights per month.
Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator Main Responsibilities:
- Perform safety and quality inspections on regional work crews.
- Meet expectations of safety and quality inspections as set by the department directors.
- Verify and report status of field personnel regarding their adherence to safety and quality procedures and policies.
- Report and investigate incidents.
- Perform root-cause analysis on any serious incidents; find preventive measures, and communicate the results to the management team.
- Perform detailed investigations on any incident that results in a task procedure departure, violation or failure.
- Work closely with department directors to discuss progress and issues specific to the area.
- Coordinate monthly safety meetings in conjunction with area management.
Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license with good driving record
- 3+ years of safety, quality or gas utility work
- Useful knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience creating Excel spreadsheets, sorting data, formatting, and using basic formulas
- Use an iPhone app to record and report worksite information
- Leadership, organization and logical thinking
- Set clear expectations for safety and quality performance
- Use coaching techniques to help employees meet expectations
- Good oral communication, especially the ability to clearly and directly speak to a group
- Self-motivated, proactive
- Plan and execute activities to meet established goals
- Day travel to different jobsites in company vehicle; usually day travel in and around D.C., Richmond, Fredericksburg, Lynchburg, Norfolk, and the northern VA area.
- Overnight travel 2-4 nights per month
- Interact effectively and professionally with the public, customers, co-workers, and supervisors
Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator Preferred Qualifications:
- Technical or post-secondary education in a related field
- Safety or quality auditing experience
- Root-cause analysis experience
- Training and coaching skills