Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Pipeline Construction Laborer Benefits:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Are you looking for steady work (40+ hours per week) throughout the year? Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video on our Careers page.
Pipeline Construction Laborer Summary
Hiring immediately in Birmingham, AL and the surrounding areas.
We are searching for qualified candidates to assist in the repair, maintenance, construction, installation and reconditioning of natural gas distribution pipelines.
Pipeline Construction Laborer Main Responsibilities:
- Properly lift tools, objects and equipment of varying weight.
- Compress soil and asphalt.
- Shovel material, soil and cold patch asphalt mix.
- Operate vehicles used for hauling.
- Assist in the demolition, take-up and reconditioning of old pipe.
- Score and break asphalt or concrete with a jackhammer.
- Repair backfilled trench areas with grass seed or asphalt.
- Travel frequently within the area for work assignments.
Pipeline Construction Laborer Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license with good driving record
- Current DOT physical or ability to obtain one after employment. Miller Pipeline will reimburse the cost.
- Professional or personal use of hand tools
- Interact effectively and professionally with the public, customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Travel throughout the South Carolina as needed.
Pipeline Construction Laborer Preferred Qualifications:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- 1+ year experience in construction and/or farming