Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team at the corporate headquarters in Clermont, Ind. The individual will be a strong support for the field operations and administrative side of the business. In this position, the administrative assistant will be responsible for calling and keeping track of 811 locates for Indiana, Kansas and Missouri.
This person must have excellent Microsoft Excel and organizational skills. Teamwork and communication are also important for this individual to succeed at Miller Pipeline!
- Interact with customers via phone and e-mail; interact with foremen and superintendents in the field.
- Coordinate, obtain and track locate tickets.
- Coordinate the collections, preparation for submission, and storing of all deliverable paperwork/video files for all projects, as per individual contract requirements.
- Track customer and job data in Microsoft Excel and customer workforce system; process labor and subcontractor entries daily using transaction system (WINS).
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems.
- Purchase and maintain material orders for crews and office supplies; coordinate regular service and repair of fax/copy machine, etc.
- Type business correspondence.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year administrative and/or customer service experience
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication skills
- Great team player; positive attitude
- Solid intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook and Excel; interest and ability to learn new software and/or web portals quickly and effectively
- Exceptionally detail oriented
- Associate’s degree or 2 years’ coursework from accredited university
- 3+ years administrative and leadership experience