Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do?
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Miller Pipeline is looking to add a Material Handler in the Ocala, FL office. He/She will assist in maintaining accurate inventory and billing of material activities to support the field crews in the Ocala area.
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits for regular, full-time employees;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our field work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
Material Handler Main Responsibilities:
- Compare Shipping Release tickets against actual deliveries in the field.
- Generate Backorder / Shortage Items / Excess materials Report and provide weekly updates to Project Managers.
- Communicate with Vendors to get backorder items on the job sites.
- Unpack deliveries, inventory and place on shelves in cargo shipping containers on-site.
- Track material invoices, compare with vendor quotes and sign off on invoices. Resolve discrepancies.
- Remind suppliers to provide the incidental items not normally on quotes.
- Drive company vehicle to job sites and supply houses to pick up and return materials as needed.
- Assist in keeping the materials organized and orderly.
Material Handler Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a MVR check.
- Proficiency in computer programs, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Strong communication skills.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Impeccable material organization skills