Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
The HR Business Partner’s Benefits:
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, Employee Assistance Program and more.
We are searching for a qualified HR Business Partner to administer all non-union employee benefit programs, oversee wellness programs, events and initiatives. Maintain an environment of compliance and an understanding of regulatory standards and subsequent process requirements. Demonstrate personal integrity, teamwork and alignment to all corporate values.
The HR Business Partner’s Main Responsibilities:
- Maintain and communicate all yearly union wages and benefit cost increases to Payroll department as outlined in the collective bargaining agreements (CBAs). Track expiration dates for all national labor agreements and maintain electronic union wage documents and agreements.
- Conduct daily union deduction audits. Participate in union audits.
- Reconcile monthly insurance plan statements from various providers.
- Track and implement employee data changes for 401 (k) and health plans.
- Assist the department head in the implementation of new benefits and wellness programs.
- Oversee 401 (k) administration such as educational training, compliance reports, ERISA.
- Prepare and distribute written documents to inform employees of benefits at open enrollment; conduct benefits orientation for new hires.
- Arrange and conduct benefit information presentations.
- Manage all benefit and wellness content on company intranet.
- Champion the logistics of company wellness programs, wellness fairs, blood drives, health screenings, etc.
- Administer all company leave programs such as FMLA, short-term and long-term disability.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers, proactively anticipating recruitment needs. Lead recruitment efforts.
- Participate in job fairs sponsored by universities, career centers, etc. Some travel required.
- Assist in new hire orientation and onboarding, including system data entry and requesting criminal background/driving records.
Required: Associate’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
Required: 2+ years’ experience in a non-exempt human resources role. Knowledge of current insurance industry practices for group medical, dental, life and long-term disability coverage.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or related field. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Preferred: 5+ years employee benefits and compensation and/or professional experience in a union environment.