Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Compliance Assistant Benefits:
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Compliance Assistant Summary
This compliance assistant will support the company’s pipeline regulatory compliance functions by performing essential data entry, clerical, scheduling, records management, and communication tasks within the Compliance department. This person will handle highly confidential medical information related to federal DOT regulations; must be extremely detail oriented; and must be self-motivated to problem solve and improve processes.
Compliance Assistant Main Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing and scheduling training classes.
- Communicate information on specified class(es) to necessary Miller Pipeline associates for enrollment.
- Collect and disperse all documentation on each person’s training history to Corporate Compliance.
- Ensure appropriate materials are provided to each trainee for each class.
- Maintain training schedule and roster for each training session.
Operator Qualification Program (OQ)
- Distribute records for divisional, regional, or customer-required reports.
- Supply information to customers as needed.
- Maintain appropriate levels of OQ task evaluation criteria and evaluation documents.
- Maintain necessary customer documentation per customer requirements.
- Work closely with Regional Technical Trainer(s) in the organization, development, processing, and communication of the OQ file(s) and data.
- Provide OQ compliance reports and/or data to individuals, as requested.
- Complete the in-house Proctor Training Program and follow-through on the responsibilities, protocols, processes, responsibilities and accountabilities of proctoring tests and online training.
- Proctors computer and/or paper-based tests.
- Follows-through on CBT test reset needs.
- Maintain OQ testing failure log and provide to Regional Trainer(s) and Corporate Compliance each day.
- Other duties as needed by leadership
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Regional Technical Trainer(s).
- Cover phone responsibilities as necessary.
- Compose compliance correspondence as needed.
- Keep as back-up documentation all files and records provided to Miller Corporate Compliance department.
- Maintain necessary stock levels of written, program, training, and OQ materials.
- Enter Quality/Compliance/Safety data in company database.
- Facilitate computer-based orientation or training.
- Maintain and secure equipment for security, usability, and necessary software updates to perform required on- training and testing.
- Other duties will be required based on business needs.
Compliance Assistant Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years professional administrative work, especially handling sensitive and confidential information
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Proficient use of the Internet
- Use of multiple types of visual aids
- Good organization of time and workspace
- Meet multiple completing project deadlines
- Critical thinking and good judgment
- Attention to detail
- Communication with internal and external customers
Compliance Assistant Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in business management, human resources or related field
- 1+ year DOT compliance-related administrative experience, especially within pipeline operations
- Familiarity with federal regulatory processes, audits, and procedures of compliance