Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
Truck Driver Benefits:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video, also on our Careers page.
Truck Driver Summary
We are seeking a skilled driver to operate a boom truck and deliver steel plates to our pipeline construction work sites. This person will also assist in some warehouse functions and can be trained/certified to drive a forklift if necessary.
This position is part of the laborer’s union.
Truck Driver Main Responsibilities:
- Drive from warehouse in Baltimore to local job sites.
- Infrequently deliver parts to PA or DC job sites.
- Prepare receipts for loads picked up and delivered.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive hauling or delivery instructions.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections, and for proper maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- Perform or coordinate emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs and tire chains.
- Assist labor crews as necessary.
Truck Driver Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with clean driving record. Class A or Class B with endorsements*
- Interact effectively and professionally with the public, customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- 5+ years over-the-road driving experience, including securing the load
- Properly load, unload and secure equipment and cargo during transit