Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more
Miller Pipeline is searching for an Administrative Specialist to join their team in Hyattsville, MD. This person will support field operations by assisting with onboarding, tracking and scheduling projects, maintaining records and supplies, and communicate with community utility providers, homeowners, and work crews.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with customer(s) to pull and submit work orders; review progress reports weekly. Ensure work orders are reviewed and closed properly.
- Assist in securing permits for worksites; ensure that necessary materials and equipment are ready for crews.
- Contact a service such as One-Call, Dig Safe, or 811 to report excavation activity plans and request utility markings. Follow up on request status.
- Create and maintain tracking log to schedule utility work to maintain information of completed work and new projects to be scheduled, as well as new locates.
- Plan for traffic control, sewer locators and/or horizontal directional drilling as needed.
- Submit timesheets to Payroll department weekly.
- Review WINS entries to ensure proper invoicing and reporting. Assist in correcting errors.
- Complete administrative tasks for the office such as ordering supplies, distributing mail, making travel arrangements, coordinating services with other vendors, and OQ test proctoring.
- Build positive professional relationships with each crew and customer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, e.g., creating reports, data cleanup, formatting, charting/pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Highly effective written and oral communication
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with peers and customers
- Successfully completing tasks with multiple deadlines
- Professional demeanor with vendors, customers, and co-workers