Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
This internship will assist with marketing communications efforts of Miller Pipeline including communications, some marketing, writing, video editing, content creation, and event planning. Dependent upon the internship duration, the intern will assist in various projects, initiatives, and events for Miller Pipeline’s Marketing Communications Department. The intern will receive industry experience based on the outcomes they hope to achieve from this position.
If intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with his or her school.
Paid; Part-Time, 15 to 30 hours per week – time commitment may vary according to the intern’s arrangement and request
The Communications Intern reports to the Manager of Communications and Marketing and will work in conjunction with the Digital Communications Associate and Corporate Communications Coordinator.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drafting email blasts, communication letters, bulletins, marketing materials, and editorial copy
- Organize community events and holiday giving programs
- Preparing and sending correspondence both internally and externally
- Writing, preparing, and manipulating documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Proofreading and improving company websites and internal employee app
- Assisting in research, planning, and administrative duties of company events
- Printing certificates, labels, and materials
- Assisting with executive support duties including sponsorships, philanthropy, and projects
- Assisting with social media efforts such as content creation and images
- Helping with video editing for marketing platforms and materials
- Other projects within the realm of marketing communications
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Solid business experience
- The opportunity to gain experience to meet your academic and career needs
- The opportunity to interact with other professionals in the business world
- A great professional recommendation for your valuable work
- Knowledge that you are making an effort towards your career
- Content to add to your personal website or portfolio
Interns are expected to be fully engaged and productive while working for Miller Pipeline. In order to fully take advantage of the internship, being productive will enhance your skills, teach you how to manage your projects, and give you more insight into a real world working experience. As a business intern, you represent Miller Pipeline as an employee. Your actions affect your own reputation as well as that of Miller Pipeline.
- Send resume and writing sample to email@example.com
- Face-to-face Interview with hiring manager
- Provide two professional or personal references
- Must be a current university student seeking a Communications/Journalism degree or similar
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere) and social media platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Must be self-sufficient, a self-starter and ready to learn
- Willingness and ability to contact and work with employees and vendors
- Ability to think creatively and to share ideas
- Ability to take direction and execute accordingly
- Video editing skills is a plus
This position requires sitting for extended periods of time while on the computer, phone and might include some travel cover by Miller Pipeline.
#JoinOurTeam #MillerPipeline #TeamMiller
Email resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.