Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Check out Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions on our Careers page.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, Employee Assistance Program and more.
The Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Coordinator is part of a team of other safety and natural gas construction professionals that consult, share and contribute safety and health information and resources. The SQC Coordinators conduct themselves with the highest professional standards while applying their skills to complete all duties and obligations.
The SQC Coordinator will travel in a company vehicle, visiting gas utility construction crews at worksites every day. Requires some overnight travel, possibly 25%. Work crews exist in and around the Terre Haute, Crawfordsville and Lafayette, Indiana areas.
- Provide consultation on regulatory compliance and company safety, health and quality standards, laws, policies and procedures.
- Analyze and identify trends based on experience, historical data, and all available sources of information.
- Assist with the deployment of compliance, safety, and quality initiatives.
- Set clear expectations for safety and quality performance, and ensure field personnel (laborers, operators, foremen, etc.) are in compliance.
- Develop credibility among work crews as a safety, quality and compliance expert.
- Recognize hazards when visiting work sites and apply direct and immediate coaching techniques that create win/win situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license with good driving record
- 3+ years’ experience in safety, quality gas utility work, or a related field
- Proficiency in MS Office products; experience creating Excel spreadsheets, sorting data, formatting, and using basic formulas
- Use an iPhone app to record and report worksite information
- Lead, organize and use logical thinking and knowledge of regulatory compliance to problem solve
- Good communication, especially the ability to clearly and directly speak to a group
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Infrequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to travel in a vehicle from jobsite to jobsite; 25% overnight travel is possible
- Follow safety rules on a construction site
- Technical or post-secondary education in a related field
- 1+ year experience in a safety or quality-related role
- Safety or quality auditing; root-cause analysis experience
- Training and coaching skills