Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are searching for a qualified candidate who will assist with the deployment and validation of compliance, safety and quality department training and qualification initiatives. This candidate will not only train in the offices but also perform job sites visits in the field. The job will require travel around the Evansville, IN area.
- In collaboration with the regional VP or General Manager within the assigned region, and the Director of Corporate Compliance, identify daily training and Qualification needs related to compliance, safety and quality.
- Develop long-range training and qualification schedule of topics, the class roster, training locations, and the development and execution of the training and qualification materials and methodologies.
- Conduct technical training and Operator Qualification (OQ) evaluations for all new hires and current employees.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) on areas related to the Company’s major operations.
- Validate trainees’ knowledge, skills and abilities through an evaluation process including hands-on skills and knowledge-based assessments appropriate to the topic.
- Complete appropriate documentation of training, certification, and/or qualifications derived from the training and OQ evaluation sessions.
- Discuss training program effectiveness with compliance, safety, and quality department directors on a frequent basis; evaluate the successful completion of associates’ training and OQ.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain necessary process- and product-specific credentials to train/evaluate Miller Pipeline employees.
- Background in the gas distribution field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Use of multiple types of training aids.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and good organization.
- Critical thinking processes, presentation and communication skills.
- Facilitate and stand in front of large groups teaching various subjects to new and experienced individuals.
- Flexibility in deviating from planned schedule to accommodate issues requiring immediate attention.
- Ability to travel by vehicle and/or airplane including some overnight stays.
- Amount of travel depends upon the needed topic of training, the customer demands, and the Company’s internal growth.
- Certifications or secondary education in the industry.
- Experience in Safety or Operator Qualification training in the gas industry.
Connect with us on Social Media! We’re on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.