Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling over 3,500 with office locations in 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Do you want to learn more about what we do? Click Who We Are or Frequently Asked Questions.
Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Growth opportunities for career advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline);
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation (Our Core Values);
- On-the-job work and safety training;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more (also see Annual Company Picnics).
Take a look at our field work by watching the Day In The Life video.
We are currently seeking a talented Cost Accountant to join our team!
- Obtain knowledge of Miller Pipeline construction work and the requirements of our utility customers
- Enter and maintain customer contracts including revenue items, pricing, job numbers and payment terms
- Understand systems used in cost accounting and productivity reporting to be able to assess accuracy
- Collaborate with Controller, Invoicing team, Payroll and Accounts Payable to ensure processes are effective across multiple accounting modules as needed
- Implement process improvement initiatives across each area to increase accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of task completion
- Implement and maintain a systematic approach for reconciling job cost and productivity data; for inventory accounting; and for weekly productivity reporting
- Create and monitor job cost and productivity metrics for performance management for each customer
- Coordinate monthly closing meetings with field personnel to review revenue and expense items for each job and/or customer. Document meetings and provide recap to management team and internal/external auditors.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with field teams and customers (may require travel)
- Support internal and external audit functions related to cost accounting including maintaining proper documentation according to internal control framework
- Support the process improvement group with Company-wide initiatives that may include accounting and operational processes
Education and Experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Preferred: CPA or CPA candidate
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience working in a large company setting with exposure to managing multiple customer accounts, interactions with internal and external customers, and experience in communicating data and performance measurements to the management team. Some construction or manufacturing industry experience would be helpful.
- Required: ERP and Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Preferred: Power Query, Power BI, Database Management
Core Competency Requirements:
- Collaborative Team Player
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity in Process Improvement
- Build Relationships Both Internally & Externally
- Results & Deadline Driven
- Digest Complex Topics and Communicate Effectively Up & Down Organization
Connect with us on Social Media! We’re on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.