Miller Pipeline is a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor with operations in 20 states and owned by CenterPoint Energy. To find out more about what a career with Miller Pipeline can mean for you and your family, check out our Who We Are page.
At Miller Pipeline you will find:
- Opportunities for advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline)
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation
For more information on what a typical day in the life of a gas construction laborer looks like, please see here.
We have an opportunity for a recent accounting graduate OR an experienced accounting professional to be a strong point of contact for all financial matters for our customer. The individual will collaborate with local field management and corporate accounting, build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, and track projects and data necessary for invoicing.
This position will initially be a temporary assignment for 3-6 months. As the business develops, we will likely have a permanent need for an additional administrator in this office.
Important characteristics for this individual to be successful are high attention to detail, initiative, professional demeanor, analytical thinking, and a sense of accountability. Knowledge of construction operations is a big plus! This person will interact regularly with our customers and will need to be able to work with data to find errors and inconsistencies.
- Build relationships with customers and manage financial aspects of account; input necessary data into customer web portal(s).
- Collaborate with local field management, controller, senior accountant and staff accountant to implement process improvement initiatives to increase accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of data/reporting
- Compile and sort documents, prepare and post invoices, credit and debit memos.
- Work with corporate accounts payable team to verify the status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue accounts.
- Support the internal and external audit functions including maintaining proper documentation according to the internal control framework.
- Assist in preparing special analytical reports and studies requested by the management team.
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department such as by generating periodic reports.
- Interact with field supervisors to ensure all necessary job packets are received.
- Associate’s degree or two years’ coursework in accounting at an accredited university
- 2+ years’ accounting experience in a public or corporate setting; exposure to book accounting functions
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers and communicate data and performance measurements to the management team
- Professional demeanor and ability to build rapport with customers and co-workers
- Maintain communication with corporate headquarters, customer and Miller Pipeline field leaders
- Plan and execute daily responsibilities efficiently while maintaining awareness of unexpected immediate needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other programs and web portals for effective use
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business management or a related field
- Experience within a construction firm