Miller Pipeline is a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor with operations in 20 states.
At Miller Pipeline you will find:
- Opportunities for advancement (Grow Here at Miller Pipeline)
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation
To find out more about what a career with Miller Pipeline can mean for you and your family, check out our Who We Are page.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
This person will determine all logistical aspects needed for new potential projects, and coordinate all elements of existing work projects.
- Be self-disciplined with a good work ethic, willing to work as needed to complete your workload.
- Work Hours: 6:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Close shop one night a week (stay until 6:00 pm).
- Work as needed to complete workload.
- Fill out and submit miscellaneous permits (ROW, Fire, and Utility)
- Miscellaneous errands to pick up supplies, equipment, permits, and bids.
- Basic understanding of computers and excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain an organized filing system (detail-oriented).
ESTIMATOR JOB DUTIES:
The Estimator job duties start with a new project to bid.
- Perform accurate, detailed material quantity takeoffs by scaling Engineering plans.
- Thoroughly review plans looking for any possible conflicts between utilities, or unspecified items (tie-ins, traffic control, testing, and unforeseen items in the bid quantities).
- Write detailed notes or notations on the plans that may be necessary to clearly state how a certain item was figured.
- Order and receive material quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Evaluate prices, and apply the lowest reasonable price quote to the corresponding bid item.
- Format takeoffs and prices onto proposal sheet (includes subcontractors and assemblies) with sales tax.
- Compile plans, specs, notes, and proposal sheets for review and final bid pricing.
PROJECT MANAGER JOB DUTIES:
The Project Manager Job duties begin when the job has been awarded.
- Receive shop drawings and material submittals from all suppliers and subcontractors, review for accuracy.
- Assemble into complete packages and submit to the project engineer for approval.
- Notify suppliers and subcontractors of the project schedule. Order materials and fabrication of pre-cast structures after approval.
- Draw up separate scaled down “As-built” drawings for Water, Sewer, Storm, and Force Main (drawings to include pipe sizes, fittings, lot numbers, and street names).
- Record daily logs of work performed by crews on as-built drawings.
- Note changes and verify the need for change orders with the superintendent.
- Prepare Change Orders using proposal format.
- Assemble a Forman’s package including, Plans, As-builts, Proposal without prices, suppliers material lists, permits, and traffic plans (existing permits and traffic plans may need to be obtained from the prime contractor).
- Coordinate monthly billings based on work performed (using as-built drawings).
- Give copies of supplier price lists to the person in charge of billing for comparison with actual invoices.
- Coordinate and schedule material orders, subcontractors, surveyors, soil testing labs, city inspectors with project superintendent.
- Order utility locates prior to starting work.
- Update project superintendent on all project issues.
- High School diploma
- 1+ year construction project management experience and/or training.
- Excellent written and oral communication to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.