Do you want to help make a difference in building America’s infrastructure?
Since 1953, Miller Pipeline has been a leader in building and maintaining America’s infrastructure as a premier underground pipeline construction and repair contractor. Our workforce is made up of highly trained and skilled employees totaling 3,400+ with office locations in over 20 states. While continually investing in gas infrastructure programs, Miller Pipeline’s revenues have continued to grow year over year. Thinking about joining our team and building a career here? There is no better time than now.
We are currently seeking an analytical Payroll Administrator to join our Finance & Accounting team!
At Miller Pipeline you will gain:
- Opportunities for advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including health insurance and retirement plan;
- A team-oriented atmosphere centered around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation;
- Employee recognition programs, Employee Care Fund, and more.
Take a look at our work by visiting our career page and watching the ‘Day in the Life’ video.
The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for auditing accounts and facilitating various payroll wage verification, check and advice distribution, process documentation and file maintenance. The individual in this position will provide 100% support to payroll department functions. (This position does not perform any HR functions.)
- Review time sheets, wage computations, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies, missing information, and question the reasonableness of data.
- Assist in multi-state payroll for approximately 3,100 union employees and 300 non-union support staff and managers.
- Manage the delivery of key payroll projects that include obtaining an understanding of the issue, collaboration with key team members and co-development of a recommendation.
- Manage multiple transactions and stay organized to complete each task.
- Compile employee timesheets and payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Record employee information such as exemptions, transfers, and designations, to maintain and update payroll records. Keep track of leave time such as vacation and personal time for employees.
- Compute wages and deductions; complete the time and attendance system process and payroll entry.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay out, including bonuses and disability payments.
- Prepare union returns for payment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ payroll or accounting related experience in a multi-state organization. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Analytical ability; run reports, evaluate data and find process improvement solutions.
- Clear, tactful written and oral communication skills with all levels of the organization and outside customers as needed.
- Great team player; positive attitude.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook and Excel; interest and ability to learn new software and/or web portals quickly and effectively.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in handling employees’ personal data.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of AS400 financial system or other payroll system.